Educating ourselves on how Nature can support us through herbs can be a significant contribution to your wellness practice. The video below explores this with certified herbalist, Nitika Achalam of True Grit Botanica.
After you watch the video consider the following recommendations for beginners stepping into Herbal Wellness.
Nitika Achalam’s Top 3 Recommendations for Herbal Wellness Beginner’s.
- Get outside and know the plants that live where you live. Positively ID Plants!!! (Ex. Peterson Field Guide to Medicinal Plants or Herbs of Eastern and Central North America.)
- Talk to the elders in your family. Listen to their stories.
- Drink Nourishing Herbal Infusions Everyday! Herbal infusions are inexpensive and full of benefit. Start with the following, rotating herbs monthly.
Herbal Infusion Guide and Recipe
1 quart=32oz=4 cups per day, per person. Drink each infusion for 1 week at a time. Then move on to next. Once finish all 5 herbs (5 weeks) start the cycle over again.
- Nettle (Urtica dioica) contains 15% protein. Strengthens the adrenals: relieving anxiety and building focused energy. Builds powerful energy from the inside out.
- Comfrey (Symphytum) 20% protein. High in trace minerals, keeps bones strong and flexible. Aids in digestion and elimination.
- Red Clover (Trifolium pratense) 15-20% protein. Is a great source of vitamins and minerals. Ability to detoxify.
- Oat Straw (Avena sativa) 15-20% protein. Supports the body’s healthy response to stress and the optimal function of both the nervous system and the hormonal system.
- Linden (Tilia) not as much protein; a strong anti inflammatory, wealthy with vitamins, carotene/vit a, b vitamins, antioxidants, other phytochemicals.
To learn more about Nitika and the True Grit Botanica, check out: Truegritboatanica.com